There are plenty of great reasons to keep a working copy of Final Cut Pro 7 around. If you are still working with the NLE that won't die, you've probably run into the odd crash or two :)
Here are 8 tips that should help keep those crashes to a minimum:
- Try keeping the project size under 100 MB (splitting dailies/cuts/elements works pretty well).
- Don't put ANY images above 2K in your project. NEVER.
- Run your OS at 10.6.8.
- Transcode all of your footage to ProRes.
- Make sure the write / read speed of the network is fast enough to reach the bitrates of the material you are using.
- If you have AJA, make sure the firmware / drivers are at suggested versions.
- Turn off scrub high quality in the sequence settings.
- Do not install Perian.
If you have any other tips that work for you, we'd love to hear them below.